Monday 9 December 2013

All I want for Christmas...



Chaz has been asking where this year's Christmas present guide is for days.  Not for himself of course but for all those husbands out there - in Shanghai apparently - who are relying on me to help them shop for their wives.    So here it is;  rather later than planned I'm sorry.  I seem to have gone for (mega) quality over quantity - not many stocking fillers here. I'll do a 'part two' filled with smaller, more purse friendly ideas later this week.




Top top top of my list - and I imagine every other girl in the world - are these Chloe, navy, suede Susannah boots.  These will keep you in the good books for years to come. Maybe even centuries. 






Zimmerman celestial swimsuit.  Perfect for a bit of New Year tanning.  If this is a bit loud/too covered up, try one of Lisa Marie Fernadez's towelling creations.





Tibi red faille skirt.  A red, silk, pouffy sensation.  Girls dream about skirts like this.




Sibella Court's newest book Gypsy





A Hugo Guinness print or painting





This 'Giraffes' painting by Roger Hilton





A plane ticket somewhere hot, sunny and beach trimmed.  
I'd like one to Singapore to see my tiny new Godson.  




A flower arranging course at The Little Flower school in Brooklyn.  Or if you're UK based, maybe one slighter nearer home like Judith Blacklock's.

J Crew embellished sweatshirt
This one's quite a fancy one but the new J Crew shop is so full of sensational sparkly numbers you can't really go wrong.  I'm not sure if J Crew has reached Shanghai yet...  





J Crew navy cashmere tunic

Boys, this may look like a boring old blue jumper but don't be fooled.   It's jumper perfection.  And if she/you are bored by the blue, they offer them in a whole colour wheel of colours.  





Emma Bridgewater splatters.  
This pattern was originally made as a one off for Liberty.  Thank God they have come to their senses and are now selling a few special bits online.





Sophie Hulme ponyskin tote
The whole collection is a sensation and you can't really go wrong.  The cross body bags are especially wondrous.





I am permanently wanting a new look at home and would love nothing more than a huge box of Designer's Guild Amrapali peony wallpaper to redecorate our bedroom in.  For something a little less bold have a look at the equally beautiful Barneby Gates papers.







Some people I know wouldn't be thrilled to find an old carpet under the tree.  I for one though would be over joyed.  In fact I would love any of Penny Morrison's heavenly rugs.  Or lampshades or cushions for that matter.  For a cushion lover, Rifat Ozbek and Erdal Karaman's Yastik collection can't be beaten.









Chaz absolutely does not get my obsession with old china.  I think it could be a girl thing.  The line between good and bad china is a fine one and one that unless you're 100% sure of what you're buying, should maybe be left alone.  Did I mention the Chloe boots?
However, if you do find your self surrounded by good antique spoils look out for pink lustre or speckled blue spongewear.  I always find jugs and loving cups go down very well.








Happy Christmas!
x






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I really love this collection. Thank you for that.
Wedding Flowers