Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wedding Get Up






Why is it so hard to find a good wedding outfit?  
I am now on my third attempt and still no nearer finding a goodie.  
The first attempt, we'll pretend never happened.  
The second one,  should have been a very pretty green, floaty,  floral number from 'Borne'.  On, however, I could have been one of Shrek's distant relatives. 
My latest attempt, a Roland Mouret, Ebay sensation is good but ridiculously short - Raise my arms even a millimetre and you can read what's written on my knickers.  So not ideal for a nice Roman Catholic church service.


It's tricky trying to get the right balance.  Not too saucy - hard when it's a day to night affair - and not too like a frumpy old school marm from Dullsville. I did find the one a few months ago. A Nina Ricci, red, silk vision. It ticked all the boxes. Bar one.  For the same price I could have probably picked up the drinks tab for the whole wedding. I didn't think Chaz would've  been too thrilled to hear I re-mortgaged the house for the sake of a frock either.  

So unless we win Friday's lottery, I've got five days and counting to find something to wear.  I am going to the dinosaur museum with cubs this afternoon, you never know, desperate times, desperate measures....




Floral floaty by Borne





Roland Mouret Zonda Dress



The Nina Ricci dream





No comments: