Tuesday 18 October 2011

Knitwear Edit



I am getting slightly fed up of having only two jumpers that fit me at the moment. They are rotated one after another and i'm getting in a a bit panic that they're going to collapse any day soon and then I'll have nothing to wear. And then I'll freeze to death. Maybe a bit drastic but you get the picture. On rotation are my beloved Madeleine Thompson, navy wool jumper dress and then another, quite a similar sensation from DKNY. But this one's black and slightly longer. Both have so many hideous bobbles all over them that I could probably knit myself another dress with them alone. Not a bad idea given the state of my funds after six weeks with a house of builders.
But I'm a little busy to learn to knit at the moment so have been hunting for some new potential additions online instead. Below are my options so far.






Quite a contrast to the very sombre blacks, greys and navys that are hiding the bump very well at the moment. But I think a bit of colour might be just what I need on an icy November morning. Seriously pricey though for a poncho. On the maybe list.

Balkhash Shawl, £238
www.anthropologie.eu

Not quite sure why i'm even pretending that this is an option. It's skimpy at the best of times, so less than ideal when 6 months pregnant. I just adore Chinti and Parker so much I couldn't not put it on the list.

Contrast pocket sweater
£285
www.netaporter.com


Some glitzy Day Birger numbers for an evening outings..
Both £199 from my-wardrobe.com





My hands down favourite is the Madeleine Thompson exclusive for Liberty. Navy or soft grey cashmere with flowery Liberty elbow patches. I don't think even the builders are going to get in the way of this one. Liberty's site isn't letting me drag off a good image but they're in their online shop now if you want to have a look.





www.liberty.co.uk
£280

No comments: