Thursday 22 September 2011

Land of the Living


It's tragic about just how overjoyed and excited I am about the fact that our broadband is finally up and running. I honestly feel like a new person again. I can breathe. And shop. The World is my oyster once again.
The house is still bursting with builders but we're starting to notice the changes. The Sanderson swallows have migrated from London and are now look very beautiful flying around our kitchen. The hall and sitting room are both beautifully finished in various grey tones and our new antique Lillie Road tables are looking like they're meant to be.

It's feels very weird moving somewhere where you know absolutely nothing about the area. I'm embarrassed to say that I've only just able to find my way to the local village shop without using the TomTom and it's only one mile away. But I'm getting there. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.
Village life is quite something. Totally different to city life. Definitely something that's going to take a bit of getting used to. People just turn up on your door step. Not for any reason in particular. Just to say hi. Nice day isn't it? Did you go to the wedding last weekend? Someone came just 'popped in' now because they'd met someone we'd once met when we'd lived in France. Seriously. I'm sure when the novelty of having internet wears off again and I'm not feeding and watering the builders, i'll welcome the random passer by. But for now, I've got a lot of lost time to make up for. Topshop.com, relax, I am back.




No comments: