Friday 19 August 2011

The Joys of Moving House



When people told me that moving house is one of the most stressful things to do in life, I would laugh. Until now, I have adored moving. It's always been so exciting. New people to meet, places to explore. A new kitchen to hang out in. Paint colours to choose. This time however, stress wise, I can totally see why it's up there with 'divorce, bereavement and having a baby'. I am completely at the end of my tether and want to crawl under a bush and hide until it's all over. We are meant to be moving a week today. If that happens, I'll eat my shoes. Possibly even the new ones that I'm going to buy today. It's not called retail therapy for nothing.
Anyway, instead of getting even more distressed about it all I'm going to think about are paint colours today. When I went back to Wales this weekend we went to see some friends who have the most incredible house. Decor wise, it's quite minimal, but each room is painted a gorgeous, very bold Farrow and Ball colour. I'd been wanting to see these colours in action for a while but of course have now gone totally off track and am leaning more towards the dark greys and greens than the neutrals.


The two photos above are from the painted house in Wales

Below is more inspiration















No comments: