Thursday 28 July 2011

Tresco Time


Our last week in Tresco has gone straight into the top three of our 'best holidays ever' list. I think it could be the most perfect place for Cubs in the World. He may only be 20 months old but I haven't yet, until now, been on a holiday or weekend away with him and found it remotely relaxing, for one second. We spent the whole week sitting on the white sandy beaches, with not one other person in sight. The Cub spent his time pottering around throwing rocks and shells or getting Chaz to make him sandcastle turtles he could jump on and destroy. A lot of eating, again. Obviously. Everyone always says you must sample the 'local cuisines' so I did a lot of that in the form of clotted cream and Cornish ice cream. Now that I'm having another Cub, all I seem to want to eat is cream so Cornwall really couldn't have been a more perfect destination. My day typically started with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and clotted cream on top...
While we're on the subject of food, my new favourite find are Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's, River Cottage Yoghurts. The poshest yoghurts I've ever seen. Gorgeous, heavy glass jars - which I might have brought home to use as vases - with real fruit layered at the bottom. Doesn't sound that great but they are a real taste sesnsation. I'm slightly panicking about where I'm going to get them now I'm back in London.






Chaz with matching short and frisbee combo



Money raising on Tresco





The money snake


The Ghost ship

Love Mosaic made my Lucy Dorrien Smith





Pint of prawns caught by Chaz and Tom




www.tresco.co.uk

No comments: