Thursday 30 June 2011

Farm House Inspiration


I cannot wait for tomorrow. I'm getting on the train and going up to see our new house for my second only ever visit. When we first went I took 300 photos and Chaz and I have looked at them every single night since. No Joke. I'm quite looking forward to taking some new ones. So I'm going to have a proper look at everything. I need to work out what we want to do paint wise, do we need to get the carpet men in, take curtain measurements etc. All the usual bits you do before a big house move.
I adore this Martha's Vinyard farm house below. It belongs to New York restauranteur Keith McNally, his wife and their five children. There's something very 'back to nature about it'. All the exposed wood and natural linen fabrics everywhere. It's slightly too rustic for our new house but I would love to recreate some parts of it. I think i'll start with making the Cub a bed like the bottom photo. He'll think he's climbing into a boat every night.


I love the mish mash of this room and how amazingly light it is from the huge windows


Definitely up for a few chicks


Love the slatted wooden walls

Bed idea for the Cub

photos courtesy of elle deco.com

1 comment:

Krystie said...

i love all of these asymmetrical ceilings!
x krystie