Wednesday 4 May 2011

D.I.Y Rhinestone Cowboy


I cant quite get over these shoes on stylist Patricia Field's website. They are made to order and cost $1,500. Personally I think they are totally worth every penny but I'd quite like my bank manager and I to remain on speaking terms, so better not. So I've come up with a genius idea to craft them myself...

I've found a seller on ebay called 'routinjig' that sells all shapes and sizes of mirror pieces. They've got the bog standard round ones as well as hearts, stars and even some tiny rabbits. Im already feeling some kind of rabbit creation coming along for next Easter.







I'm hoping that it's not going to be too complicated and guessing that I'm going to need;

Some shoes, not satiny shiny ones as the mirrors will slip off
A lot of mirror pieces.
Hardcore glue. Maybe even a glue gun for some heat and extra strength.
A lot of patience.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/routingjigs
www.amazon.co.uk for glue guns and glue
http://www.patriciafield.com/heels.aspx

I now need to find the perfect shoe. Quite liking the idea of trying an espadrille wedge perhaps...







No comments: