Sunday 15 May 2011

Cosy Time




'Cosy Time' is my favourite time of day. No matter where I am, what I'm doing, every day at 5pm there is tea and there is cake. The tea has to be PG Tips and the cake preferably chocolate related.
This week, my cosy time shelf was empty. Drastic times called for drastic measures. Time to get the apron out.
A full on cake is a bit of a waste in our household. Chaz won't go anywhere near it and I try not to give the Cub too much in the sugary department. So basically, I end up eating the whole thing. I find myself standing in the cupboard mid morning, just having a quick snack and before you know it, the whole thing's vanished. So this time I went for chocolate chip cookies. Much easier to palm off on others.
Most recipes tell you to mix it all by hand but I made mine in the magimix and they were a vision.


350g/12¼oz unsifted flour
1 tsp salt
225g/8oz butter
175g/6¼oz caster sugar
175g/6¼oz soft brown sugar
350g/12¼oz dark chocolate, crumbled


Mix the butter, sugars and vanilla extract until they are creamy and smooth.
Beat in the eggs.
Now add the flour, baking soda and salt.
Last but not least, the chocolate.
I was feeling lazy so threw in big chunks of the chocolate and let the magimix break it all up for me.

When you're all mixed up and ready to go, make sure you dollop them quite far apart. Mine were too close together and ended up looking like one big, cookie pizza.

If you want to really show off, go and get some swanky food bags, make some pretty labels and tie them up with ribbon. Martha Stewart eat your heart out.








No comments: