Tuesday 29 March 2011

Few and Far



Yesterday's outing without the cub was to the wonderful Few and Far. There's something about it that makes you feel slightly virtuous when you leave, like you've done something worthwhile with your time. I dont get that guilty feeling I sometimes get when I've frittered yet another hour of my very precious time off in Topshop. I think it's because, despite being a shop, it feels like a very cool museum. The owner, Priscilla Carluccio, ex-wife of Antonio-king-of-pasta-Carluccio and sister of Terrance Conran, completely re-does the shop every three months. Four times a year she creates a totally new theme and fills it with gorgeous trinkets and clothes from India, France, Morocco, Italy and the UK. Priscilla wanted to create a shop that inspired her customers. She likes her customers to come in, have a potter, have a coffee and chat to her staff. For some reason the word 'eclectic' seems to annoy me but in this case I make an exception and think it's the perfect adjective to describe Few and Far. Prices range from £1 to £10,000 and there really is something for everyone. Even the Cub could find something he'd like. There's toy section for him, crafts, beautiful antique jewels and floaty clothes for me and a hardware store for Chaz. Perfect for a family outing. The next re-vamp is in the beginning of May, so if you want to find me, you'll know where I'll be.

















www.fewandfar.net
242 Brompton Road
London SW3

No comments: