Sunday 27 March 2011

Dream Breakfast

Breakfast has always been my favourite meal of the day. Cosy time comes a very close second. One of my best breakfasts was the morning after Chaz proposed to me in New York. We woke at about 5am thanks to a magic mix of jet lag and excitement and I was starving. Obviously being in NYC the breakfast room service was unreal. Much to Chaz's delight - this meant he could go back to sleep for another hour - I had crucial decisions to make. What would it be; pancakes, granola, full on fry up, bagels? Obviously it took Chaz two seconds to decide, two poached eggs, bacon and white toast. Orange juice and a coffee. Done.
I ended up having to have poached eggs and bacon too - I'd have been jealous otherwise and eaten half of his -and also pancakes and a bagel.

Needless to say, it was all properly delicious.



Since the Cub's been eating a proper breakfast mine seems to have been slightly forgotten about. It now consists of inhaling a bowl of Bran flakes as quickly as possible while simultaneously cramming rice crispies into his little mouth. I then have a slice of toast with white fig jam - imported from France- while I make his lunch at 11.30am.
I've decided that it's not good enough and time to change. From now on I'm going to make a concerted effort to have a proper, big,delicious breakfast.



Today's creation

Today's has kind of gone to plan. Not NYC perfect, but getting there. It was from a new company called Moma and called the 'best breakfast' so i'm definitely on the right track. It's a mix of oats, juice, probiotic yoghurt and fruit. It arrives in a bit of a bright, garish pot but I decanted it into a pretty bowl and it looked like something Delia might have made. Part deux, granary toast with Marmite and sliced tomatoes is going to have to wait another hour or two when I'm less full up. I do love a mid morning snack.





No comments: