Thursday 24 February 2011

Wall Couture







It took me months and months of dilly dallying over which wallpaper to hang on our bedroom walls. When I finally made the decision I was overjoyed with my choice. Until now that is.
Always on the lookout for a new wallpaper, I could barely control my excitement when I was told about 'Second Hand Rose'. I was hooked on the name alone. But it's come with problems.
The first problem is that it's based in NYC. The second is that I now obviously want to rip down all my wallpaper and start again . Sorry Chaz.
Suzanne Lipschutz has been selling 'wall couture' from her shop for more that forty five years. Her collection is a sensation. From photos I've seen, the shop looks like a wallpaper pick n mix shop. Rolls are crammed in from floor to ceiling, bursting at the seams. Heaven. She has Over 2,500 original rolls from every era and every country imaginable. Which actually makes it pretty hard to decide. I think I need to go and have a look for myself. All in the name of research of course. Do feel free to send me your orders...









www.secondhandrose.com

230 5th Avenue, suite #510
New York, NY 10001


No comments: