Monday 7 February 2011

Hail Jamie


As I've mentioned before, I adore reading about food. Cookbooks, takeout menus, recipe cards, other people's blogs, anything; I'm not fussy.
My kitchen shelves are bursting with cookbooks. One of my favorite things to do when I'm without the Cub is to go to Daunt bookshop and sit for hours in the cookery section, drooling over the new books. I seem to be drawn to the Aussie chefs most of the time. Donna Hay and Bill Granger feature a lot in my collection; I love the freshness of their ingredients, everything is so green and wholesome, you feel healthy just looking at the pictures.

Saying that, the newest and already favourite book in my kitchen is not written by an Aussie but the very British, brilliant, Jamie Oliver. Jamie really has excelled himself with his latest book 'Jamie's 30-Minute Meals'. The book is amazing - I cant really think of a better word to describe it. Other than maybe 'genius'. It is a collection of recipes for a whole meal- A main course, side dish, fancy drink and a pudding, that you are supposedly meant to be able to recreate in 30 minutes. It sounds impossible but every one I've tried so far works. Just.






Our best so far is the pan fried Sea bass filets with pancetta sweet potato and coriander shown above.



If you want to make the seabass creation, here's a link below which shows you how.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1312675/Jamie-Olivers-30-minute-meals-Sea-bass-pancetta-sweet-potato-mash-Asian-greens-berry-ice-cream-sparkling-lemon-ginger-drink.html


No comments: