Friday 14 January 2011






Dont get me wrong, if someone wanted to give me a lovely box of Laduree macaroons I would be completely over the moon but I feel that they have slightly lost their allure now they're readily buyable in Harrods. There was something so special and rare about them when you could only get your hands on them by nipping across the Channel.
It's not the end of the world though because I've recently been introduced to Pierre Herme macaroons. They wouldn't look out of place in a museum they are so exquisite. I'm just not sure how people can bring themselves to eat such a thing of beauty.
Chaz took me to stay in the Metropole Hotel in Monaco for Valentines day a few years ago and one of the things I remember most was the complimentary Pierre Herme Valentine's day raspberry and cream macaroon waiting for us in our room. It was honestly in the top five most delicious things i've ever eaten. No joke.




Pierre Herme macaroons from 24 euros
www.pierreherme.com

No comments: