Saturday 7 August 2010

Inspirations






My mother found this bowl at Jas de Roberts sunday brocante in May this year. I love it's simplicity.




I've always wanted my own little space that is selfishly,totallymine. Somewhere I can hoard away all my random bits and pieces; somewhere all my scraps of fabrics, cookbooks and Edwardian clothes could hang out together. In a dream world I would have a little summer house at the bottom of the garden as my escape.




Summer house made by Mark Harvey.


Carrying on in my dream world, everything would be mostly white. There'd be dusty white floor boards, billowing faded floral fabric for curtains, chipped, white-washed wooden furniture, mismatched plates, bowls and mugs with huge jugs of peonies and cabbages roses dotted around. My friend Christina Strutt is Queen of shabby chic and owns one of my absolute best shops in the World, Cabbages and Roses. When I'm back in London I can easily while away the whole afternoon in there, mostly just day dreaming about re-doing my house to look like the shop. I sometimes think I could live in her shop.




Dream bedroom decorated by Christina Strutt



No comments: